This role will involve working closely with a team of engineers in providing onsite and remote support to our external customers. The role will involve project setup/support, installation and rebuilding of servers, setup and configuration of various hardware, completion of technical documents, helpdesk support (Level 2 & 3), call logging and management.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years experience and at least an MCSE qualification. The individual will be required to interact with management of both the company and its clients and have excellent communication and project skills, also required to work with other third party support personnel when following up on issues requiring external support. The individual should deliver a high quality of service to both the clients and the company ensuring that all objectives are achieved on time and on budget.
- Telephone, remote and remote access support of customers.
- Remote monitoring of customer systems.
- Updating of call logging system and Management of calls.
- Ensure timely issue diagnosis and feedback for all client queries, using the IT Help Desk system where appropriate.
- Ensure all issues are resolved effectively by the team and maintain positive relationships between the wider IT Team and the supported clients.
- Act as a point of escalation for customer issues, achieving resolution by engaging all available resources
- To monitor and manage customer SLA’s and in conjunction with our Helpdesk schedule and field engineering resources.
- Help maintain and administer the IT infrastructure of a number of customer sites.
- Investigate issues, advising on remedial action and co-ordinating our third-party suppliers.
- Acquire a thorough knowledge of our products and services and to effectively demonstrate your competence in these areas.
- To undertake product training, pass exams and become certified to undertake support on these products.
Essential Personal Skills:
- Good Communicator
- Professional Telephone Manner
- Excellent Customer Service Ethos
- Ability to work in fast moving, dynamic environment
- Full Drivers License & Own Car
- Excellent English
- Skills in Remote Monitoring and Management an advantage
- 3 years experience in Technical User Support – Call Centre/Helpdesk
- 2 years onsite/hands on field engineer experience
Essential Technical Skills:
- Good working knowledge and recent qualifications in the following technologies required:
- VMware (VCP5/6-DCV (Data Center Virtualisation))
- SAN Technology
- MS Windows desktop Operating Systems Windows 7, 8 & 10 (MCSA/MCSE)
- MS Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012 (MCSA/MCSE)
- MS Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013
- MS SQL 2008/2012/2014
- MCSE level for Server Infrastructure
- Networking experience – CCNA / CCDA preferred
- Familiarity with VLAN’s and networking topologies
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS and Active Directory.
- Technical document preparation
- Project/Time management to achieve issue resolution/project tasks to agreed deadlines/SLA
- Knowledge of backup software and technologies, i.e. Veeam
- Very competitive salary offered, depending on experience
How to apply
To apply, please send your CV with a brief covering letter to email@example.com