Mainstream Fund Services Ltd is a global boutique hedge fund company, with offices in Dublin, Cyprus, the Cayman Islands, New York and Brazil.
Faced with meeting stringent compliance and regulatory requirements, Mainstream needed to put in place a cloud-based solution to:
- Achieve SAS 70 compliance in order to meet the auditing standards for their industry.
- A full offsite backup and DR solution – an essential requirement as disruption to their IT environment could result in potentially catastrophic damage to their business.
- Ensure resilience in their IT infrastructure as they provide mission critical services to their clients.
Cloud back up and Disaster Recovery solution
This consisted of Savenet designing and implementing:
- A cloud-based solution, to cover major disasters / system failures.
- On site solution, to cover smaller localised failures / disruptions.
Significant risk reduction for the business.
Significant savings on long term costs.
SAS 70 compliance achieved – essential for the company to operate.
Recovery Point Objective (RPO) reduced from twenty-four hours – to one hour.
Recovery Time Objective (RTO) reduced from forty-eight hours – to four hours.
Massive bandwidth savings as 95% of data is de-duped before being sent to the DR site.
Guaranteed four-hour SLA for all servers.
Guaranteed access to critical database and file data for up to seven years after it has been active.
“We would be dead, as simple as that. We are a global Asset Management service provider whose clients require information processed, analysed and collated on a daily basis. If that is not forthcoming, not only do we lose everything; many of our clients would too, based on their reliance on processes they outsource to us.”
“This system gives Mainstream the assurance that their mission critical applications are always available to their users and customers, and can withstand any form of disaster; from a locally based minor system interruption or server failure, to a major disaster where their computer room is destroyed.”
Mainstream Fund Services Ltd
This project was awarded the 2013 ICT Excellence Award for
Best Private Sector Project in the SME category.