Cloud is a critical priority for all businesses. The need for agility, flexibility and business continuity has become even more necessary. Digital enablement and cloud will be hugely important in delivering these.
But, what do we actually mean when we say ‘Cloud Migration’?
“Cloud migration is the transfer of internal hardware to a cloud computing environment.”
However, there isn’t a one size fits all solution. Cloud migration can involve the transfer of part of a company’s digital assets or all. Most importantly cloud migration should be tailored to suit your companies needs, for now and for the future.
Moving to the cloud can seem daunting so below we have outlined:
5 KEY THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW IF YOUR BUSINESS IS CONSIDERING A MOVE TO THE CLOUD:
- Don’t replicate your current IT infrastructure. If you try to replicate all servers this will make a move to the cloud expensive. There are smarter ways to work. You need to be prepared to embrace new technologies and new ways of working to get the maximum benefit of working smarter in the cloud.
- Cloud Migration is an investment as it may cost you upfront but in the long run it will save on labour and cost. It will increase productivity as it allows for better collaboration, less downtime from applications and the ability to do business from anywhere. This is because it creates a perfect environment to increase your productivity. Migrating to the cloud is reliable, secure and can improve your system’s performance for both your team and the end user.
- Cloud is secure. The cloud will make your IT system more secure than ever before through advanced data and cloud protection, two-factor authentication and patch management.
- It’s flexible and can grow with your business. A cloud IT infrastructure gives your team the ability to work from anywhere. And it allows your business to expand without the limitations that new servers, IT equipment or software licensing can bring.
- At Savenet we have createda 4 step process to make your move to the cloud simple:
Step 1 – Assess
We’ll assess and identify the best cloud strategy for your business by:
- Establishing your business priorities, goals and objectives
- Reviewing your existing IT workloads, interdependencies, data sensitivities, performance characteristics, and compliance requirements
- Doing a cost benefit analysis
Step 2 – Plan
We’ll take a holistic approach to reshaping your IT infrastructure by:
- Roadmapping your journey to the Cloud
- Reviewing what workloads need to be migrated
- Establishing the best cloud server for you – public, private or hybrid
- Designing your security infrastructure
- Creating your Cloud Backup and Cloud Disaster Recovery plan
Step 3 – Migrate
Our hands-on approach will ensure a timely and smooth migration by:
- Creating the most suitable cloud system for your unique requirements
- Designing and implementing your strategy on five key principles – Rehost, Refactor, Revise, Rebuild or Replace
- Reducing any costly migration issues or business interruptions
Step 4 – Manage
We can also manage the day-to-day running of your cloud environment by:
- Ensuring your IT infrastructure can scale with your business needs.
- Helping it adapt to and stay on top of new and existing security threats
- Ensuring it’s operating at its maximum availability and uptime
- Being your support port-of-call should something happen
If you knew what the cloud could do for your business, you probably wouldn’t be so cautious about migration! Feel free to get in touch and one of our team would be more than happy to explain what the cloud can do for your business.