Secure Content Collaboration Service – BUT, Completely User Friendly
Savenet’s Fileshare system, built on the CTERA enterprise ﬁle services platform, offers enterprises everything organisations need to deploy and manage ﬁle services such as sync & share, backup, and remote branch storage. Savenet Fileshare is a secure content collaboration service – it manages how ﬁles are stored, accessed, shared and governed across end points, remotes sites and the cloud.
Security is a top consideration and the CTERA platform was designed to fully protect data from attacks or unauthorised access. Security considerations are applied to every function of the CTERA platform and it is consistently rated by analysts as the most secure content collaboration service available today.
The CTERA platform supports a variety of ﬁle services that can be delivered throughout a distributed enterprise. Among the main ﬁle services are:
- Backup/Restore: backup to the cloud – ﬁles residing on users’ workstations or servers, and restore them when needed.
- File Sync & Share: automatically synchronize users’ ﬁles between multiple devices (desktops, laptops, mobile); allow users to selectively share ﬁles and collaborate with others.
- Remote Office Storage: delivering local ﬁle storage to remote offices/branch offices (ROBO), with seamless connection to the cloud for backup and synchronization purposes.
CTERA supports ﬂexible deployment modes, including hybrid, private or public cloud. The main cloud storage can reside on premise (private cloud), within a virtual private cloud, or on any public cloud. In the case of Savenet Fileshare, the cloud portal resides in our private cloud environment. Irrespective its location, all data stored within the cloud is fully encrypted. The Portal and its sub-components are deployed independently of the cloud storage. For example, the Portal can be hosted on a (virtual) private cloud, while using a public cloud to store encrypted ﬁle data.
Key Security Points
- Military-Grade Privacy and Security Source-based AES 256-bit, FIPS 140-2 validated data encryption from the endpoint to the cloud, with private encryption key.
- External two-factor authentication via SMS/email for file sharing.
- Internal mutual authentication via smart cards/client certificates.
- Set upload policies by file attributes and user group.
- Password policy management.
- Remote wipe for lost/stolen devices.
Full Control and Insight over Collaboration
- Native data loss prevention (DLP) controls including customisable watermarks, preview-only shares, and external collaboration policies.
- View all users and devices in a single console.
- Customisable alerts on system, security, and access events.
- Granular logging and reporting, integration with third-party tools.
- Integration with third-party DLP and enterprise mobility management (EMM) tools.